August is National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM), an annual initiative sponsored by the National Public Health Information Council (NPHIC) to encourage people of all ages to make sure they are up to date on vaccinations recommended for them. During NIAM, the NPHIC emphasizes the need to protect health with vaccines for different groups:
- Babies and young children: July 31-August 6
- Pregnant women: August 7-13
- Adults: August 14-20
- Preteen/teen: August 21-27
When consulting with your clients on coverage options, it’s important to discuss coverage that includes preventative and wellness benefits that include vaccinations.
Did you know that…
- … “when children are not vaccinated, they are at increased risk for disease and can spread disease to others, including babies who are too young to be fully vaccinated and people with weakened immune systems”1?
- … “getting vaccinated during pregnancy also allows the mother to pass some protection on to her baby”2?
- … it’s important for adults to get the recommended vaccinations based on age, occupation, travel, and health conditions among other factors3?
Your state or local health department will have additional resources for vaccination information.
What are you offering your clients to help them secure access to quality preventative and wellness care such as vaccinations?
For clients that have a temporary gap in their insurance coverage, short-term medical health insurance may be one option that provides your clients that access, as well as access to:
- Routine doctor visits
- Choice of providers and facilities
- Emergency care
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery and hospital care
- Coverage that is widely accepted by providers and facilities across the nation
- Low rates for in-network healthcare
- Little to no waiting period for accidents and emergency care
- Relatively inexpensive copays
It’s important to keep in mind that neither short-term nor limited-benefits medical coverage are intended to be a replacement or alternative to ACA or other major medical plans. These types of coverage do not provide the minimum essential health benefits that are required and will not help to avoid the fee for not carrying health insurance.
Other packaged perks with short-term medical coverage can include:
- 24/7/365 mobile and video access to board-certified doctors who can treat many common illnesses
- Patient advocacy service that can help navigate the world of healthcare and negotiate medical bills
- Prescription savings membership that can lower out-of-pocket costs by up to 75% on medicines for your clients, their family members, and even their pets
- Access to digital fitness tools to help track their wellness journey
Celebrate National Immunization Awareness Month by expanding your clients’ access to preventative and wellness care today!
Learn more by:
Calling 1.877.376.5831 and selecting option 3
Click here to like us on Facebook for important industry updates, tips, and articles!
Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. We help consumers address their health insurance needs by offering access to a number of products offered by various insurance carriers.
For agent use only – not for use with the general public
1: “Communication Toolkit: School-Age Children.” https://www.nphic.org/niam/item/10467
2: “Communication Toolkit: Pregnant Women.” https://www.nphic.org/niam/item/10463
3: “Communication Toolkit: Adults.” https://www.nphic.org/niam/item/10468